Name: GUSTAVO ALONSO
Last name: RESTREPO-MOLINA
Citizenship Certificate: 3.228.672
Date of birth: October 15, 1955
Medical Internist, Cardiologist, Echocardiographer
Medical Record: 11375-83
Cell phone: + 57-310 4643640
1973-1979: Graduate in Medicine: Pontificia Universidad Javeriana.
1980-1983: Specialization: Internal Medicine. University of Antioquia; University Hospital San Vicente de Paul, Medellín.
1983-1985: Subspecialization: Cardiology. Universidad Pontificia Bolivariana, Cardiovascular Clinic Santa María, Medellín.
August – Nov / 1988: Doppler echocardiography. Visiting Fellow. Non-Invasive Cardiac Laboratory. Harvard University, Brigham and Women's Hospital, Boston, USA. Director: Martin St. John Sutton.
May-June / 1992: Transesophageal echocardiography. Heart Station / Echocardiography Laboratories. University of Alabama at Birmingham. Director: Navin C. Nanda.
August 12/2004: Specialist in Echocardiography. (CES University, Medellín).
– Clínica Medellín: Medical Internist and Cardiologist since 1985.
– Social Insurance Institute: Cardiologist from September 1985 to January 1987.
– Cardiovascular Clinic Santa María: Cardiologist, Director of the Echocardiography Service from 1992 to April 1996.
– Medical Director of the Clinical Cardiology Department of Medellín: from May 2003 to May 2005.
– Director of the Echocardiography Service of the Medellín Clinic from January 1998 to date.
– Chair of the Specialization Program in Ecocardiography CES University, Medellin, since 2002.
– Professor ad honorem of the CES, UPB and San Martín de Medellín universities (2004 to 2006).
– Director of the Valle del Lili Foundation Cardiovascular Unit, Cali, Colombia from December 15 2009 to July 30, 2010
– Director of the Echocardiography and Cardiovascular Imaging Laboratory in the Medellín Clinic.
– Chair of the Specialization Program in Echocardiography School of Medicine CES University, Medellin.
National and International Societies appointments
– President of the Antioquia Society of Cardiology: period 1990-1992, period 1992-1994
– Delegate of the Colombian Society of Cardiology in the Union of Cardiological Societies of South America (USCAS): period 1995-1997, period 1997-1999.
– Presid – Scientific Director of the II International Symposium of Cardiology. Echocardiography and Intravascular Ultrasound: state of the art. Cartagena de Indias Convention Center, Colombia. October 2000.
– President of the XVII Colombian Congress of Internal Medicine. October 10 – 12, 2002. Convention Center, Cartagena de Indias, Colombia.
– Member of the Editorial Review Committee of the Colombian Acta Medical Journal since 2004.
– Member of the Editorial Committee of the Colombian Journal of Cardiology since 2004.
– Secretary of the XII World Congress of Echocardiography And Vascular Ultrasound (ISCU), V Symposium of Echocardiography Association of the Interamerican Society of Cardiology (ECOSIAC), Hilton Hotel, Cartagena de Indias, Colombia. Feb 13-15, 2008.
– Distinguished Fellow of the International Society of Cardiovascular Ultrasound. February 2008 – President of the Association of Echocardiography of the Inter-American Society of Cardiology (ECOSIAC) Period 2010-2012.
– Professor of the On-Line Master's Degree in Transesophageal Echocardiography of the Spanish Society of Cardiology. March 6, 2013
– Member of the International Advisory Committee of the II World Summit on Echocardiography. New Delhi, India. October 25-27, 2013
– Vice President, Colombian Society of Cardiology and Cardiovascular Surgery, 2009-2011. – Vice President of the Interamerican Society of Cardiology 2013-2014
– President of the Colombian Society of Cardiology and Cardiovascular Surgery 2014-2016
– Fellow of the American College of Cardiology. November 2014
– Fellow of the European Society of Cardiology. November 2014 ACC Colombian Chapter Governor.
– March 2016 – President Elect Inter-American Society of Cardiology 2015-2017
– President of the Interamerican Society of Cardiology 2017-2019.
– Fellow of the AHA, november 2018
Membership Scientific Societies
– Colombian Association of Internal Medicine
– Colombian Society of Cardiology and Cardiovascular Surgery
– International Society of Cardiovascular Ultrasound and Allied Techniques (ISCU)
– Echocardiography Associattion of the Interamerican Society of Cardiology (ECOSIAC)
– Interamerican Society of Cardiology (SIAC)
– American Society of Echocardiography (ASE)
– European Association of Echocardiography (EAE)
– Fellow of the American College of Cardiology (FACC)
– Fellow of the European Society of Cardiology (FESC)
– Fellow of the American Heart Association (FAHA)
Authored and co-authored:
30 original articles,
21 Books and chapters
More than 30 abstracts
Other academic activities
Member of the Organizing Committee and lecturer of multiple courses and congresses of cardiology and internal medicine in Colombia.
Participated in international congresses and symposia as coordinator, panelist and lecturer and chairing round tables Invited to give conferences in Latinamerica, USA, Europe, Asia and Africa.