Latest updates on the coronavirus and heart disease
Home > Partnering with UEFA > Eat for goals
Eat for Goals! is a cookery app available in English and Spanish which gives young people the opportunity to cook the same heart-healthy recipes as some of the world’s top footballers (e.g. Cristiano Ronaldo, Paul Pogba, Lotta Schelin, Fernando Torres and Sergio Ramos).
Once the app is downloaded, young people aged 7+ are encouraged to ‘score a goal’ to see recipes from 11 of their favourite football legends. Each player shares what he or she loves to eat and gives the recipe for his or her favourite dish. The two language versions feature a total of 17 healthy options, including recipes for main courses, snacks and deserts, that can easily be prepared with a child and complement a healthy and balanced diet.
Eat for Goals! now exists in Spanish featuring additional delicious and heart-healthy recipes to cook with your child.
• Cristiano RONALDO : Haddock with Lemon & Vegetables
• Lotta SCHELIN : Fresh Fruit Salad
• Paul POGBA : Spaghetti al’ Arrabiata with Tuna and Vegetables
• Sergio RAMOS : Gratin Chicken with Peppers
• Fernando TORRES : Sautéed Chicken with Vegetables
• Samuel ETO’O : Rice Cubana
• Steven GERRARD : Crunchy Cod with Herbs
• Frank LAMPARD : Spinach with Fruit and Nuts
• Kelly SMITH : Chicken Salad Sandwich with Lime Yoghurt
• Yaya TOURE : Turkey and Peanut Soup
• Rachel YANKEY : Power Omelette
• Alvaro ARBELOA : Tuna and White Bean Salad
• Mikel ARTETA : Seafood Risotto
• Veronica BOQUETE : Two Colour Fish Cake
• Ricardo IZECSON “KAKA” : Brazilian Black Bean Stew
• Ivan RAKITIC : Lentil Shots
• David VILLA : Spaghetti Bolognaise
As well as seeing what football stars like to eat, the app also provides interesting food facts and step-by-step instructions, making it easy for even the less-experienced to make delicious, balanced meals in no time at all. The Eat for Goals! app is a fun way to encourage young people to be physically active and eat heart-healthily from an early age. Healthy young people lead to healthy adults and healthy adults lead to healthy families and communities!
Physical activity is an important part of an active, healthy lifestyle and an essential factor in improving our young people’s health. The World Heart Federation fully supports the Eat for Goals! initiative as it combines the goals of promoting healthy nutrition and active lifestyles to children and their parents in a fun and educational way. Eat for Goals! was originally created as a book under the patronage of the Union of European Football Associations (UEFA), World Heart Federation and the European Commission. It proved so successful we developed the Eat for Goals! app in English and in Spanish with UEFA.
Access Eat for Goals (in English and Spanish): www.eatforgoals.com
Infographic on physical activity
Keep children heart healthy with Superheart
Urbanization and CVD
Policy and Reports